Below is a selection of our current events and news. If you have an event in mind, or would like to work with us to source and create something truly unique, drop us a line with the details and we'll bend over backwards to help come up with ideas to make it a truly crafty experience !
Thursday 14th May:
- Earl of Leicester "Victory and Beavertown head brewers and owners are in the house with a selection of their awesome beers.
- Good Beer Wheaty - Jester King / Birra Del Borgo / Nomad hit the wheat for a brew day and Tap take-over in the evening
- Good Beer Wheaty Day 2 - Beavertown and Victory team up with Jade for a Brew day and night time tap event
- THE LOCAL TAP HOUSE - This is the big one, Its one of our main events for the week with a massive House party to kick off Good Beer Week - at the Local Tap House, our full crew of brewers are in the house with a huge selection of their beers on tap. Jester King / Victory / Beavertown / Nomad / Doctors Orders / Birra Del Borgo and more.
- Nomad and Friends Pop up bar opens at Nieuw Amsterdam in the city.
- Jester King Master class at Two Row
- Nieuw Amsterdam hosts Beavertown and Victory for a talk on their beers and market development.
- Victoria Vs the world - Who will win? our brewers and beers go head to head in a tasting round robin (includes food). who will win and be crowned crowd favourite? Beavertown / Victory / Birra Del Borgo / Stone / Nomad
- Nomad Beergustation at the Rainbow.
- Our favourite event of good beer week "BREWERS AND CHEWERS" speed dating for brewers as we like to call it :-) Beavertown / Victory / JesterKing / Nomad - awesome beers and great food!
- Nieuw Amsterdam - Deschutes BrewPub night
- Nomad hits the Rainbow Hotel for a meet and great the brewer.
- GABS kicks off with our huge stand with a massive selection of beers on tap and in bottle / plus our Nomad games room.
- The Fox hosts Beavertown and Nomad for the "Brewers Brains" event
- Mega Dega - Victory
- Festa Della Birra - Birra Del Borgo hits Nieuw Amsterdam for an Italian experience of beer and food
- GABS continues with a compliment of our brewers in the house.
- Nieuw Amsterdam - Final Brewers Bash . Brewers / Beers and great food
- The Ale House goes NZ mad - Tuatara limited release selection and great range of other core beers on tap along with the brewers in person.
- Final GABS session
- Victory and Beavertown Hit Nomad for a collaboration brew day. beers on-tap. All welcome, but must book.
- GABS hits Sydney for the first time ever. Same great selection as GABS Melbourne plus brewers.
- Taste of Manly - Nomad hits the Manly festival along with other great local brewers.
- Taste of Manly day 2
at GABS Sydney and Taste of Manly, come visit Nomad and ask for your special discount voucher for the brewery.
Hope thats enough for everyone :-)
Melbourne goes craft beer Mad from 16th May, and this year Experienceit is also going mad. We have not one but 7 visiting brewers, plus the head Chef from the famed Deschutes Brew Pub in Oregon USA. Visiting brewers will include the head brewers from:
- Victory - US
- Beavertown - UK
- Birra del Borgo - Italy
- JesterKing - USA
- Nomad - Australia
- Doctors Orders - Australia
- Tuatara - NZ
Checkout the good beer website for full details of all our events, but if you after a place to come and meet some very cool brewers face to face and in a relaxed format, then head to Nieuw Amsterdam for our Nomad and Friends Pop-Up Bar. The venue will feature a range of events for our brewers throughout the week, including limited release beer tasting, beer and food matching, a Deschutes Brewpub experience night and lots more.
Then GABs hits on May 22nd. For this years GABs we have our 6 metre stand again with 9 great beers available on rotation throughout the event, plus the return of our games room. So make sure you come and say hi :-)
To celebrate the first ever release of Stone beers into Australia (fresh and direct), Stone BrewMaster Mitch is making the trek down to Australia for a week of events to tell us about Stone and why fresh is best. These events will be supported by a fresh pallet of airfreight stock leaving the week before Mitch’s trip. So what can you expect?
Feb 11th - come along to the Local Tap House in Sydney for a Master class in beer
Feb 12th - Nomad Brewing Co. are opening the doors up and doing a collaboration brew with the Stone legend. All welcome
Feb 13th - Melbourne gets a visit. To click things off we will be having a special tasting session with Mitch at Slow Beer of their newest Beer “Delicious”, then its over to Foresters for a meet the brewer and master class.
Contact the venues for full details so you don’t miss out.
- Tap House Sydney 11th December
- Park Hotel - Werribee 13th December
- Scratch Bar Brisbane - 14th December
- Wheat Sheaf Adelaide - 15th
- Sail and Anchor TBA
- The Village Melbourne
- The Earl of Leicester Adelaide
- Norfolk Hotel Fremantle
- Beer Deluxe coming soon..
- and many more
We're bringing Leonardo di Vincenzo from Birra del Borgo with us this time so we've paired up with some great venues in Melbourne to hold some events throughout the week including;
- The Mega Dega at Virginia Plain, where he is preparing one of five courses with the chef from Merchant Osteria – May 19
- Bizarre Italian Beer Tasting at Prince Wine & Spirits – May 20
- Birra del Borgo Degustation Dinner at Grossi Florentino – May 21
- Birra del Borgo Collaboration & Celebration at Slowbeer – May 24
Worlds top 100 brewers: we had 8 of our brewing partners listed in the top 100 world brewers of the world:
- Birra Del Borgo (1 of only 2 Italian brewers)
- To Øl
- Buxton (one of only 5 UK brewers)
- Southern Tier
- Clown Shoes
- Jester King
- Jolly Pumpkin (coming mid year)
Worlds Best top 50 global beers
- Southern Tier & Choklat No. 41
Worlds Best Pale Lager (top 15)
- To Øl & Raid Beer No.5
- Birrificio Italiana & Tipopils (coming mid year)
Worlds Best Bock / Strong Lager (top 15)
- Birra Del Borgo & My Antonia No. 9 (ahead of Dogfish heads version)
- Birrificio Italiana & Tipopils (coming mid year)
Worlds Best English Style Pale & Bitter (top 15)
- Moor Nor Hop N0.9
- Southern Tier & harvest Ale
Worlds Best Low / moderate alcohol (top 15)
- Jester King & das wunderkind
Worlds Best Specialty beer (top 15)
- Southern Tier & Pumking
Worlds top new beers of 2012
- To Øl & Sort maelk
An awesome event bringing together local and international breweries all in one place for a great day celebrating all things beer! We'll be there and featuring 5 of our great beers from Birra del Borgo, Brewfist, and Ducato
Where: WARNERS AT THE BAY HOTEL
320 HILLSBOROUGH RD WARNERS BAY
FROM 12 NOON –5PM
Birra del Borgo took out a silver for the Bizzaro beer - Hoppy Cat. Limited stocks left so don't miss out
Croce Di Malto took Bronze for their fantastic Triple XXX and the Magnus
BrewFist in its first awards scored a bronze for the hopped up Spaceman.
Most of these are now sold out but we have stock on our next shipment landing late June. Don't miss out on a pre-order.
|Along with the Dogfish head collaboration beer, we also have a collaboration beer between legendary gypsy brewers Beer Here and our own Brew Fist. The creation "Caterpillar". Available for good beer week.|